South America is one of the most biodiverse regions on our planet and one of the last regions where you can still find true untouched nature ...
Suriname bears the crown when it comes to diversity and natural beauty. Due to the enormous variety of habitats, the country has close to 300 species of reptiles and amphibians. It was only a matter of time before this destination was added to our repertoire! Join us to the heart of the jungle on our very first public expedition to South America, Expedition Suriname!
During the expedition we venture deep into the jungles of Suriname in search of fantastic species of reptiles and amphibians. Many of the species you can encounter on this trip are real 'bucket list species'. Just think of the countless glass frog species, the legendary bushmasters, rare harlequin toads, colorful dart frogs, emerald tree boas, red-tailed boas, one of the smallest crocodilians in the world; the Schneider's dwarf caimans, rainbow boas and even the infamous green anaconda, the world's heaviest snake species. And if that hasn't convinced you yet, the +700 species of birds, +200 species of mammals and more than 5000 species of plants will win you over!
This fourteen-day trip is packed with activities and beautiful locations and is supported by the 'Crème de la crème' in Surinamese herpetology, our colleagues from Herping Suriname!
Does untouched jungle and anacondas sound like music to your ears?
Sign up and join us!
Private bus, 4x4 and boat
What is included:
- All transport from the start of the expedition
- All accommodations
- Guides, activities, National Park entrances
- All meals + water
What is not included:
- Flights to Paramaribo, Suriname
- Airport transfer
- Extra beverages and snacks
- Travel and Herping material
- H.E.R.P. apparel and souvenirs
- Visas and ESTAs
- Insurance costs
- Vaccinations and medical costs
Jungle camps + comfortable, shared rooms in hotels and eco-lodges.
Toilets and bathrooms.
- No scientific background necessary
- Everyone with an age of 18-60 years old
(Older or younger than the age limit? Let us know!)
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch speaking guides.
- The group will mainly speak English.
- Information booklet with a detailed itinerary, packing checklist, information on necessary vaccines and medications, list of local species and much more will be distributed to all members once the expedition team is complete.
18/05/2024 - 01/06/2024
*Prices for private groups are always on demand
Find our Merchandise on:
COPYRIGHT © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED