Even though you might not believe it, Iran is the most beautiful place we've ever been to. It has incredibly diverse habitats. You'll believe you're in the Swiss Alps at breakfast, only to find yourself crossing a Sahara-like desert dune system by dinner time.
During the expedition to Iran, we have 1 main goal...
Finding the Holy Grail of snakes, the pinnacle of snake evolution...
the Spider-tailed viper (Pseudocerastes urarachnoides).
This means traveling deep into the Zagros mountains, a beautiful region on the border with Iraq, hiking several hours a day, keeping an eye out for weirdly shaped rocks and sleeping under the stars.
On this epic trip, we have the chances to see many other iconic reptiles and amphibian species along the way, such as the desert monitor, Iranian fat-tailed gecko, toadhead agama, Arabian sand boa, Field's viper, Kaiser's newt, Arabian horned viper, near Eastern fire salamander and many, many more!
What is included:
- All transport in Iran
- All accommodations
- Guides, activities, National Park entrances
- All meals + water
What is not included:
- Flights to Tehran, Iran
- Extra beverages and snacks
- Travel and Herping material
- H.E.R.P. apparel and souvenirs
- Visas and ESTAs
- Insurance costs
- Vaccinations and medical costs
Simple hotels, lodges, tent camps or guest houses
- No scientific background necessary
- The expedition to Iran is an 'Exclusive Expedition' and is only accessible through invitation or as a private trip.
WARNING: NOT all nationalities can travel freely in Iran!
Consult the Iranian E-Visa website for more information.
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch speaking guides.
- The group will mainly speak English.
- Information booklet with a detailed itinerary, packing checklist, information on necessary vaccines and medications, list of local species and much more will be distributed to all members once the expedition team is complete.
Price & Dates
Find our Merchandise on:
COPYRIGHT © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED