You can travel the world to far away and exotic places, BUT we can’t forget about the incredible nature we have in Europe! This herping experience will take us to the most beautiful, but less well-known natural locations in the World’s favorite cultural getaway: Italy.
During this extraordinary trip, guided by professional Italian herpetologists and ornithologists, you’ll see the country at its finest. It is a place shaped by a rich cultural and natural heritage… and let’s not forget about the magnificent food!
Next to enjoying the finer side of the Italian life, we’ll head into the wilds to find some of Europe’s most beautiful wildlife. During this trip we’ll walk vast mountainous plains in search of the local viper species: the Italian Asp viper and the Meadow viper. But that's not all! We'll try to track the critically endangered Marsican brown bears, look for the Apennine wolf and observe the local endemic herpetofauna, like the spectacled salamanders,
The Apennine yellow-bellied toad, the Italian cave salamander and the Italian Aesculapian snake.
Are you in for some snakes and pizza on the side? Yes?!
Join us! You won’t regret it…
What is included:
- All transport in Italy
- All accommodations - Guides, activities, National Park entrances - Breakfast, dinner + water
What is not included:
- Flights to Rome, Italy
- Extra beverages, lunch and snacks - Travel and Herping material - H.E.R.P. apparel and souvenirs - Visas and ESTAs - Insurance costs - Vaccinations and medical costs
Accommodations: Comfortable, shared rooms in hotels and eco-lodges. Toilets and bathrooms.
- No scientific background necessary - Everyone with an age of 18-60 years old
(Older or younger than the age limit? Let us know!)
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch speaking guides. - The group will mainly speak English.
- Information booklet with a detailed itinerary, packing checklist, information on necessary vaccines and medications, list of local species and much more will be distributed to all members once the expedition team is complete.
NOT YET AVAILABLE
NOT YET AVAILABLE
*Prices for private groups are always on demand
Sign up for the next run: Excited about joining this expedition? Yes??
Sign up by sending us your information. After we have received your info, we'll send you our waiver and payment information so you can send us your deposit.
- Processing your information can take a while!
- Your registration is only complete AFTER you have wired your deposit and sent us the signed waiver.
- Filling in this form and sending it to us does not mean you have 'reserved' a slot in the expedition. We do not put any slots 'on hold'. Sending your information is a confirmation of your official participation to the expedition.